Monday, December 8, 2008

Off to church we go...

Okay so the big decision has been made...

We decided on Grace.

This is a big deal, we have agonized over this. We have talked our self into and out of this for months! I finally told Dave to JUST CHOOSE. So he choose. It was Grace.

So for now until God through Dave (not through me!) moves us... Grace is it.


This is Pastor Steve Riggles and his wife Becky. They are our new pastors. Below the Riggles is the associate pastor is Garret Booth, who is the reason I personally went back a second time! He is a favorite! and i love when he preaches. I do appreciate Pastor Riggles sermons and in fact yesterdays sermon was one of the better sermons I have heard in a long, long time but Pastor Garret is a favorite!






So we stayed after church for the New Members class. I was glad to hear how the church works and that there is a system of accountability. I actually mean a real system- that actually works to make the pastors accountable unlike some other churches we have been a part of in recent years! We filled out papers, just like name, rank and serial number. Just kidding, it was just name, address, phone number, kids names... and we are apparently officially members now. Wow that was easy!




So the work begins...finding our place.






I will not be signing up for the nursery! In fact I would prefer to not work with kids for a while, I would like to do something different, I just dont know what. So I shall pray and seek out opportunities and hopefully come up with the plan! Dave is doing the same! We signed up initially to be contacted about the mens and womens ministry so i guess we are supposed to get a call from the peep's over those ministry? I shall await the call!




We do plan to get involved. We do plan to attend. Period! We do plan on getting the kids involved, although I am unsure what that means just yet.




So this decision affects our life in many aspects. Regularly attendance- it has been quite a while since we attended any church regularly! It means getting involved-- which is time and effort! It means tithing! Now I have regularly given to many charities and situation in the time that we have been without a home church. I have sent money to missions, people, other churches and programs, but we have not tithed regularly at a CHURCH for, well for over 4 years. That is a LONG TIME! I would like to think that it is like getting back on a bicycle but I am afraid it will not be that easy! We however are determined!


So from all you praying readers... pray that we will find our place, pray about our tithing and the peace that goes with it, pray that all the attacks I suspect to come ( not hoping just suspecting) will be dealt with quickly and victoriously!


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Sounds like you are very excited and that's a good thing. I'm sure in a place like Grace you will find a group of people who will love you as much as we all do.

Good luck with tithing. For me, it is more a mental struggle than financial. We can always find money for the plate, but sometimes when I'm feeling unsatisfied, I feel like I'm holding the purse strings on my money. Like I take out my feelings with my wallet. SO SO SO WRONG OF ME. But, I'm sinful. What can I say? I'm workin on it!