Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the Year Meme...

I got this End of the Year meme from URL Double, Carrie at Thoughts, Ponderings and Musings!
Join in if you want to!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
ATE SUSHI

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No way, I dont think I kept any of them!!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not extremely close.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no

5. What countries did you visit?
Um does the USA count?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
better finances and less weight! I guess will power!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I cant remember so I guess they weren't etched on my memory!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I am not trying to be negative but i dont feel I accomplished much this year.

9. What was your biggest failure?
weight loss and not keeping my temper in check

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
no we are all healthy!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
my camera, which I have since LOST!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Honestly probably my husbands, we have on and off but he was more on this year I think!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Honestly keeping it real here probably mine?

14. Where did most of your money go?
to a big fat nothin store- probably Walmart

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our Branson Vacation and our Garner trip basically any travel! Oh and seeing Amy Grant in concert!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
wow, I dunno know.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) poorer or richer?
(a) Happier!
(b) fatter
(c) Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
losing weight, exercising

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
have less fear and anxiety

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the kids!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Greys Anatomy or Men in Trees

23. I skipped this question....it asked if you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year. Bad question! Can't think of a good replacement...any ideas?

24. What was the best book you read?
Tales of Despereaux

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um an IPOD??

26. What did you want and get?
a camera and wireless printer (got it, till I lost the camera!)

27. What did you want and not get?
a few less pounds

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I cant really think of my favorite but I guess I will pick Prince Caspian!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um my birthday was spent in a hotel room with NO electricity so not so much fun! I turned 31

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
losing some weight and have a significant amount in savings, after having paid off most of our debt!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
jeans and polo

32. What kept you sane?
diet coke and blogging

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Easy, Sarah Palin

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election.

35. Who did you miss?
I guess no one- does the cast of Men in Trees count?

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Jennifer Coplings

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I do have enough.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


Leave all your cares behind you
The sun is rising
Turn around -it's right in front of you
and it's a beautiful life
and it's a beautiful time
to be here, to be here, to be here

From Beautiful World (Fisher)
It's the theme song on TLC for all their shows.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I so big pink, puffy heart you!!!!!

Leslie said...

Stopping by to say hi (and thanks for your comment a while back).

Also pickiing up on your meme. I'll post my answers soon.

Carrie said...

Wow! I loved reading your answers. I am feeling some empathy with you on the fear and anxiety. That seems to be an unfortunately successful tool used against me many many times. I am trying though....with God, I will get past it!!!! We both can!

Gretchen said...

I love reading all your answers. I am so gonna do the meme on my blog too and I am linking you as the source! It might take a while, though. I have to do some thinking.

Anonymous said...

Did you stay at one of the Branson hotels when you went to visit?