Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family Pictures Again, but I'm not happy about it...

We are going to church tomorrow to take pictures for the church directory.


I am doing this in protest... I mean I know we want to be involved with the church and we have made a decision to jump in BUT, I really wish I hadn't signed up for this!

I don't even like my picture taken much less a pic that will be in a directory for all eternity!

This was a bad idea!

I like this family picture. I love the outside, I love what we are wearing... just love it. My hair looks smashing. BUT I do not like the stupid face I make in pictures. Yes, stupid! I do this squinty eye thing and my mouth never looks right!




Can you see the weird eye thing.  I look like I am worried or constipated or something!  I just wish I could look normal.  It is the exact same thing in ALL my wedding photos- supposed to be awesome picture but I hate them because of my weird look!

Anyway!  It is too late, we are signed up to take them at exactly 5:10.  So pray that my face uncontorts and that we can get a nice family picture since it will be there forever!


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Um, how 'bout you SMILE. Like you do when you are laughing or when your kids just said something funny. Cause you totally don't eye squint in real life.

Carrie Thompson said...

I HAVE TRIED. I have even practiced in the mirror! Seriously! I have had discussions about how I could smile better for pictures. I am VERY aware of it and try to NOT do that maybe I am doing it worse!!!

Shannon said...

It's because having pictures taken evokes the same feelings as being contipated!!! It is just a pain in the rear! Pardon the pun! I am with you.... we have church directory pictures on Sept. 8th... dreading it!!!! But in all honesty it is probably the ONLY way we would have a family photo made. ;)