Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hubble and Hudson

For starters this is an amazing store in the Woodlands. It is like a very intimate Whole Foods and Central Market rolled into one! I love it.




Anyway, we signed up for a class here a few months ago. It is very expensive and will NOT happen often, that I assure you, but we did really have fun!

The theme was Girls NIGHT Out: ROME

Our menu was:

Veal Scaloppini with Prosciutto and Sage (Saltimbocca alla Romana)
(thinly pounded veal cutlets with prosciutto and sage)

 Homemade Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Tomato-Pancetta Butter

and

Chocolate Gelato with Cherries rolled in Bittersweet Chocolate


Everything was sooo good!



















We had such a great time and I really learned a lot!  I plan to make this meal at home too!  It sounds so complicated and hoity toity but it wasn't and it was good!  The chef said you could easily make it with chicken cutlets pounded out, which would be cheaper and maybe people have issue with veal.

but I thought it tasted like chicken!  :)

2 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

That looks like a lot of fun! The next time I come down you'll have to teach me how to cook :)

Carrie Thompson said...

absolutely!!!