Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inexcusable...

“Nobody will teach me!” is really a covert “I don’t have the motivation to learn."
                ---------from Raising Homemakers.




I really, really like this quote.  It is SO true.  I keep saying I cant sew- and in all honesty I have tried.  I have taken two separate classes, had family show and tried you tube videos (but it wasn't "my" machine) and I simply feel like I cant.  BUT it is not true, I have the MIND OF CHRIST.  I can not continue telling my kids that they can do all things through Christ and that they have the MIND OF CHRIST when I do not live it for myself!

If I want to sew I can.

If I want to cook I can.

If I want to do maintenance on the house or car I can.

I can do these things I just have to be diligent to learn, find the right teacher, put more effort into it...

I have to find the right motivation to push myself until I simply am victorious at whatever I am trying to do.


NOW I don't have to do all those things... but I am saying if I want!

I don't want my daughters thinking that since MOMMY doesn't sew I cant.

I don't want my daughters leaving my house without knowing how to iron AND change the oil in the car.

Likewise I don't want my son to feel that he just isn't "good" at car stuff... there are people who are "GOOD" and there are people who need to simply learn the basics and be able to get around a situation.

I know that sometimes if you don't want to do something... it does feel like you cant but it simply is not truth.

Try.

or better yet,

Do, Or do not, there is no try.---my favorite Yoda quote.

I don't have to TRY to sew.. I can sew, I just have to be taught some more skills.

I don't have to TRY cooking.. I can cook, I just have to be taught some more skills.

I don't have to TRY frugal living... I can be frugal, I just have to be taught some more skills.


"DO, OR DO NOT ---THERE IS NOT TRY"

and there are NO excuses!

I mean not doing  it is fine, but not doing because of an excuse is inexcusable....





1 comment:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

I really like that Raising Homemakers blog!