Monday, August 23, 2010

My tongue...

"A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit." ---Proverbs 15:4


I think God took a silver tray from HEAVEN itself and served this scripture up to me!

The definition of perversness-acting in opposition to what is proper or what is desired by others.

I am often so harsh with the kids, just my tone.  I know it and I even hear myself doing it and cant seem to stop myself.  I mean I absolutely work on it and sometimes I take my deep breath and control it but a lot of the time I dont.  I know how I speak to them is NOT DESIRED BY THEM.  Nothing they have done deserves my sharp tongue.  Of course I justify it by saying they should have listened or they know better.  Well I SHOULD LISTEN and I know better!

I also justify by telling myself if the kids only knew how often I refrain from ugliness!  As if that is justification!  That is crazy! 

I need to hold on to the scriptures that I find and that speak to my heart about my tongue... but in the midst of a situation I dont seem too!  I need them deep in my heart so that is what pours out... I need to meditate on them and really study them to get them that deep in my heart!

My other verse I love is

 Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.   ---Col 4:6

and again this is my prayer...

Do you often use a tone you wish you hadnt, or answered sharper than you intended, or had a little more sarcasm than needed....?

1 comment:

aneisa said...

Thank you, thank you!! I need this post. Every. Single. Word!