Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Early American History Curriculum-- Week 1

Although all of you might not be interested in this topic I think I will use the blog and list out each of our assignments and books used. This way I will have a really neat memory and it will be ready for someone else to use too!

We are using a lot of readers, both small and chapter books. We are using Even Moor Pocket books for worksheets and hands on activities. I have a subscription to TEACHER FILE BOX for 12.99 a month I can download as much as I like-- I use it ALOT! It has been well worth the 12.99 IMHO....

WEEK 1 --Pilgrims (1620)

We started with the Pilgrims and their voyage to the New WORLD.

Books:
Mayflower Adventure (chapter book)
Three Young Pilgrims
The Pilgrim Boy
Sarah Morton
If You Sailed on the Mayflower
N.C. Pilgrims
Samuel Eaton

We used Pilgrims- Evan Moore Pocket Folders, I printed out all the pocket books and we are using various parts of them over 3 weeks of Pilgrims.

Vocabulary- used the vocab out of the pocket folders but are also using pictures of people and dates along with places for a really good weekly review of our year.

We watched William Bradford (NEST Video)

We made a paper diorama of the Mayflower.


We are using the Light and the Glory, reader and color book.

Assignment for Week 1--

Read chap 6-7 of the Light and the Glory
Do worksheet page 21-22

Read Plymouth Pioneers (chapter book)









No comments: