Friday, August 6, 2010

Plans.. I dont need no stinkin' plans....

UM YES I DO.


Okay so here it is.. I know you are all dying to hear my curriculum choices/ plans for next year!

All---



Bible
-each have their own morning devotion book plus a program at church sort of like Awana's- It is called Word Of Life.
-Beginners Old Testament II
-adding a note booking for each story/ major character


We will have a notebook full of these and be able to go back and reference different people to put the timeline in perspective if needed.  I think it will be nice to have in the end!
- continue Books of the Bible
-adding sword drills for FINDING THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE!

Memorization-
Bible verse of week
character trait of the week
poem of week or how ever long we work on it according to length
American ballads- starting with Star Spangled Banner

more added or deleted (will come back to this later!)









Science- Apologia Anatomy--- very excited about this!
--textbook
-note booking
- additional reading
-classes at the health museum
- dissection classes (very pumped about this one!)


History- America 1620- early 1800's or as far as we get (this is planned for two year study!)
We currently have planned 13 weeks.  1620 Pilgrims- 1763 Treaty of Paris
States- study states and capitols
Presidents- study presidents












Math- Math U See
all simply moved to next year





















Spelling- All about Spelling
I got my books, had a little freak out but am back on track and excited about it!
This is new to us.  We will see.  I all I hear are rave reviews!















Language-
Language lessons 1-2  still working though with Emily and partially with Matt
Language lessons 3 Kate started working on, Matt will start it too.








Writing with ease- all three





















EIW- I thought I would start the program in Jan, but I am going to start the theme based writing unit now.  I am very excited about it and it will follow our history ---I LOVE themes!









Literature-
continuing reading list for each of them according to grade level- I went through and made sure all the books we had done were marked and I checked ones pertaining to our year of history. They will read other books on the list but I want to make sure to read certain ones!
focus on an literature of history time period
loads of reading for history!




Explode the Code- Matt is on 8, Emily is (cant remember)











Latin-
Latin for children and Sing Song Latin (with Emily doing both- Sing Song will simply reinforce what she is learning with Kate and Matt)








PE-
Emily gymnastics
Matt-  fitness class at gym
Kaitlin- volleyball, workout at YMCA starting in Nov.







No comments: