Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tempus fugit

This year we are attempting...no change that, we are doing Latin. I have to make a decision.... it is on my agenda (which is Latin for things to be done) although it seems Arduum sane munus ( in  Latin a truly arduous task)



I bought Latin 3 years ago and we worked on it for 6 months before I stopped for various reasons. There were actually many reasons but ONE of those reasons is ability! I felt I did not have the ability. But I do! I know that I can, I just have to DO IT. I do not like feeling incapable. It doesn't settle well. I mean there are many, many things I cant do, but I don't want to do them! When I want to do something thing I don't like feeling it is unattainable.




"What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."
~ Alexander Graham Bell

So Latin it is and while we are trudging along in our studies... tempus fugit.

Time flies... for those who don't DO Latin!  The time will fly and before I know it we will be fluent in Latin.

Well no one really gets fluent in Latin do they?    :).

A posse ad esse - which is Latin for from possibility to actuality!   We will have accomplished what I set out to do which is to give the children a wonderful base for science and other languages...and of course to brag that my children took Latin!  Of course!

Did you know that the Popes security guards have to be fluent in 4 languages, one of them Latin!  Wow!


We will be SEMPER FI in all our lessons... again if you don't DO Latin that means always faithful! 

Okay, I am out of Latin phrases!  Check back this time next year...(wait that would be annus, check back next annus!)  Now I am really out! 




No comments: