Monday, October 25, 2010

Autumn/ fall lapbook Part 1

I wanted to do a lap book for fall. I looked at some different sites and decided on this one. It is from Currclick. I don't usually buy these things, I find enough stuff free but I just liked this one.

I got some stuff from squidoo.
I got some stuff from Delightfully Learning. (this is where I saw the Autumn is Awesome lap book)


So we started with our nature walk-


we did not find everything... our first time, we will try again, but this is what we DID find!


 Picking up acorns and maple leaves

Kaitlin took a picture of this flower...


MOSS... and a pretty pic of Kaitlin!

 caterpillar--- now we are gonna see what he turns out to be!

THIS is a birds nest- way, way, way up.  We could hear the birds though and the mother swooped down.


Some type of honeysuckle or morning glory???  It was beautiful and all over a fence.

We could not find a spider web (too bad!) or a beetle.

After we had finished collecting our items, we did a leaf rubbing!



We learned some vocabulary words for fall...

foliage
harvest
gourd
scarecrow
chlorophyll
migration
frost
pigments



And we started learning a new poem...The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

" I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."



I had the kids draw a picture like these Harvest themes by Winslow Homer (he was an American landscape artist)








We did an acrostic poem with the word LEAVES.




Here are some of the books I gathered...

From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer




Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert


When Autumn Falls by Kelli Nidey



The Apple Pie that Papa Baked  by Lauren Thompson



Miss Suzy by Miriam Young
This is one of my ALL TIME favorite books, we read it as a child- I have my copy it is falling apart!  I just LOVE this book!

"the tip, tip top of the tall oak tree...."
 


No comments: