Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I hate when people assume I am stupid...

There are MANY, MANY things in the world that I don't know. Not really because I am not smart enough to know- I mean there are some things I am not smart enough to know, but I mean things I have not taken time to learn it. I haven't been introduced to the topic, I have not studied it or I have NO desire to learn it.

But this does NOT mean I am stupid.

I am so tired of the idea that I am stupid. .

Yes, I use grammar incorrectly sometimes!

On a bad day  I cannot remember the alignment of the planets without say a little diddy (M,V,E,M,J,S,U,P)-- or leave out the P if you must (with all that dwarf planet mumbo jumbo)

I cannot quote from memory how many inches are in a mile. 63,000--- I can't remember the exact number even though I learned it yesterday!

I cannot tell you square root of--- well anything past 9-- which is 3... okay maybe I can go higher than 9 but not by much!

I cannot tell you which nation conquered which nation on the date of 1612, or why!

I cannot quote from Shakespeare besides... Romeo, Oh Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo.

I have never read .

BUT these things do not make me stupid.  Possibly somewhat unlearned?  But not stupid.  What I DO know is HOW to learn!  I know how to look up information and find things out. 

Why is this not good enough for people?  Why do they want you to know the Greek alphabet- alpha, beta, gamma, delta (thank you MUS)

Why am I, a product of the public school system NOT educated enough to teach my kids?  I mean if they are doing such a BANG UP JOB--- what on Earth would the problem be?

I am doing a measurement unit.   Measurement Man.  It is a bulletin board package.  It comes with instructions.  REALLY.  I don't mean ideas to use it with... I mean instructions.




The actual MAN himself comes in five parts: head and body, two arms and two legs. 

BUT yet the paper says- PLEASE REFER TO THE DIAGRAM BELOW FOR A PICTURE OF THE ASSEMBLED MEASUREMENT MAN BULLETIN BOARD

REALLY???

Now the funny thing is that THIS link is a PDF of the same instructions I got in my bulletin pack. EXCEPT  this link does not contain the instructions... Please refer to the diagram below...

So my question is ARE TEACHERS SO STUPID THAT THESE INSTRUCTIONS HAD TO BE ADDED????

REALLY!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Carrie! I was laughing so hard by the time I got to the end of this!

Unknown said...

haha! Maybe it was originally sold on a planet where "people" have two right arms and you legs are on top of the body...ya know...maybe.

aneisa said...

Trust me, you are smart. I did horrible in school.