Monday, July 28, 2008

Baking Part 2...


Okay, I am not a baker, it is a mix or nothin' in this household. To be honest even with the ease of mixes I still feel incompetent and rarely use them. I want to be able to bake. I want to have a well stocked pantry and the tools I need to do it! I am so far from that it is crazy. I looked up well stocked pantry and this is what was listed....


white flour
granulated sugar
brown sugar
powdered sugar
baking powder
baking soda
vanilla extract
mint extract
lemon extract
dried
herbs and spices
quick oatmeal
nonstick cooking sprays
cornstarch
baking mixes
cocoa
corn syrup
honey
chocolate chips
yeast
apple cider vinegar
white wine vinegar
olive oil
vegetable oil
canned fruits
peanut butter
jams and jellies

whole wheat flour
other whole grain flours
cornmeal
nuts
coffee
frozen doughs
filo dough
frozen patty shells and puff pastry

Okay a challenge to you bakers, please look over the list and let me know what else to include and feel free to send me easy (did you just read easy!) baking from scratch recipes for me to try! I will attempt the recipe, let my guinea pigs (my fabulous family) try them out!

Carrie a hopeful baker

No comments: