Saturday, July 12, 2008















For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is
ripening in the flower, he shall both cut off the sprigs with pruning
hooks, and
take away and cut down the branches.

--Isaiah 18:5





We went to a Grape Festival at Haak Winery in Santa Fe, Texas. We woke up early and got there around 9:30. We came prepared with our pruners and everybody went to town! We pruned over a row of vines, it was so much fun! Everybody really seemed to enjoy themselves! The kids did such a great job, Emily cut off a few to many leaves but I think she worked hard! I was amazed at cutting the bunches of grapes , holding them in my hand and snipping them off the vine, it was simply an amazing experience. I would love to do it again and it strengthens my resolve to go to a pick your own food farm this upcoming year as soon as different foods come in season!

No comments: