Wednesday, July 23, 2008

School Supplies...

okay how many of you have already started buying school supplies! I have, every time I walk into a store that has school supplies on sale I buy something...I mean really who can pass up notebooks for 5 cents, or markers for 88 cents, and there is the crayons for 22 cents! I have bought a total of 74 notebooks and my kids have already gone through about 7!!! At this rate we will go though my ''stash" in 2 and 1/2 months!

I love the part on You've Got Mail, when Meg Ryan says a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils! That is so cool! After my first load of school supplies came into the house my hubbie said something to me about bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils, I love that he remembered that and just wisely accepts my school supplies addiction! Thank you sweetie for not insisting I join the 12 step program!


How can a notebook be 5 cents? I just don't understand, I mean how much does that mean it actually cost to make? How do they charge me 2.00 the rest of the year??? Why is everyone worried about the cost of gas and getting ripped off at the gas station....when the notebook making company is obviously making a bundle off us any time of the year besides "school supply" time! It is a mystery to me! But for right now, during school supply time I will just pack my cart with 5 cent notebooks every time I see them!


Carrie in Texas with a cartload of notebooks

No comments: