Friday, July 25, 2008

School week in Review...


Okay I am not going to go in details with page numbers or anything but here are the basics.

We did history, finally got to Christopher Columber (was I ever glad to hear about him!) We are close to being at the end of this year of history!

We did math, Kate and Matt both started on their Rod and Staff Math, which I have done 4 days with Kate and two days with Matt and I think I really like. Matt is actually more receptive to it but he also had a break from doing math and he tends to do better when we don't do a subject for a while and than he comes back stronger than ever...maybe the concepts have to marinate with him???

Emily did Phonics Pathways, worked on a lapbook I will show you later, she used her leapfrog this whole week and she doesnt just do the games, she put the pointer on each word and hears what word it is which I love. We are going through a set of scholastic readers, this week we did like and to. She loves to "read" a book.

We started our new Bible, it is Explorer Bible Study New Beginnings: Jesus life. I really, really like it. It is so basic, a short story, a few questions and I do have some activity sheets we will do on Fridays. We are also reading the actual Bible, I know what a concept, thank you Amy! We are starting in Matthew.

Kaitlin worked on English for the Thoughtful child and did proper nouns, one of the proper nouns was the name of William Wordsworth. The same day mom read something to Kate by William Wordsworth and Kate recognized the name. (I LOVE PEGS>>>) So we are doing a Wordsworth poem for her poetry notebook.

The kids did science at Mom's on Wednesday, we have one more week of weather. After we finish I plan for a break from science for two or three weeks than we start Chemistry! Which I am really excited about, I plan to video all our experiments so you can see them!

I know we did more but cannot think what...I have my schedule written out for the 9 week quarter so I should be able to give a really good weekly review next week.

Carrie scheduling in Texas


2 comments:

Bootcamp Burners said...

Carrie,
Good job on a great week. I found you on Brenda at The family revised. I love your scroll week in review. How did you do that and can you send it my way?
Thanks Rhonda

Bootcamp Burners said...

Carrie,
Good job on a great week. I found you on Brenda at The family revised. I love your scroll week in review. How did you do that and can you send it my way?
Thanks Rhonda