Friday, July 11, 2008

Convictions and plans...

For many parents, homeschooling is a matter of heart and belief; they feel
deeply and strongly that they should be homeschooling. They sometimes start homeschooling with only this conviction to go on, unsure of exactly how they will proceed, and they work out practical details and solve problems as they go
along.
-Larry and Susan Kaseman, in "Taking Charge Through Homeschooling"


Homeschooling for me is absolutely a matter of heart of belief. I feel very strongly and deeply that I should be homeschooling. Did I start with only a conviction to go on... I don't think so. Since before my children were born I knew we would home school, my dear hubbie and I planned it! I went to a winter home school conference the year before I got married! I was already planning, looking, researching. I did truly have strong convictions and moved forward with homeschooling because of them, now ask me if it is how I thought it would be...not all of it! Did I think it would be this hard, no. Did I think it would be this rewarding, I couldn't have! Of course we have to proceed and work out practical plans as we go...our lives change, our children have different ways of learning! We all have to have some type of conviction to start homeschooling in the first place, and we all come into our own! We all figure it out, some have more trouble than others of course! I can honestly say I have a 9 1/2 year old and have home schooled her the entire time, this year I am feeling good! I felt okay last year but going into a new school year I feel really good. I have done all my research, I have ordered any new stuff (or bid on eBay!) and once it gets here, we begin! A new journey, a new year, a new plan, a slightly changed conviction but just as strong and just as motivating!



What is your conviction and do you have plan...

Carrie in Texas

No comments: