Monday, July 7, 2008

A new Adventure...




Well have basically disbanded as a Girl Scout troop and will now be an American Heritage Girls Group.

I am very excited about this change, yet feel grieved at the reason for the change. The Girl Scouts are now very actively pushing an agenda that promotes everything I disagree with basically! They have taken the original goals and desires for Girl Scouting and twisted them. They were already taking a liberal bent on a lot of issues but they have crossed a line and we can no longer be associated with them or fund their organization. We will be joining the American Heritage Girls, it is a spin off of Girl Scouts that makes Christ the head of the group!!! They still have badges, a uniform and oh wow ummm morals! So welcome to our new adventure, I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hey!! I am so glad to hear that! I might be interested....we had already decided to quit Girl Scouts for many reasons--one big one being what you mentioned. I didn't know there was going to be a change!