Thursday, September 2, 2010

A few links to blog posts I have loved...

"If we allow them to enter the dating scene promptly upon entering high school at 14-years-old, taking up with a new boyfriend or girlfriend every semester, can we really express genuine surprise when they don’t take their marriage vows seriously, especially if we don’t?"


I love it. Really, it is so simple yet it is exactly what I mean to say.

Wow I love this. There is more of this "wisdom" at Breathing Grace, A life in View





Who can see the spelling lessons? The breakfast made this morning? The next chapter of The Yearling read, the last child rocked early in the morning, the prayers whispered in the middle of the morning? I try in a week and a lot may get done, but the right things?

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. --- 2 Cor. 4:18
I also like this from holy experience.






So, the key to raising excellent children is to grow in excellence yourself. You cannot give your children what you do not possess. Buying the best curriculum or the most expensive lessons cannot compensate for shortcomings in your own life, if you are not growing in excellence yourself.
And this from I TAKE JOY





Yet, Jesus faithfully and patiently guides us, despite our “natural tendencies” to go astray. And as humans, not just mere sheep, we are expected to exhibit self-control. In essence, we are to live a disciplined life. If this were somehow not in our best interests, God wouldn’t have put so many verses about the matter in His Word.

And this from Raising Arrows, and although it is my last link it is not the least.. it might be my favorite.

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

Thanks for the link love, Carrie!