Friday, January 9, 2009

Fitness Friday...


Okay it is Fitness Friday! Brenda over at the Family Revised has given us our assignment! It is what makes us feel good. Well I really, really had to think about this! Not because I didnt have an answer right off the top of my head. I just felt like it was the wrong answer!

The right answer:

fruits and vegetables
water
exercises

The answer I thought of was:

food

Now I understand that is serious and part of the reason that I am as overweight as I am! I know that but it doesnt change the fact. I mean lets keep it real, does carrots and cabbage next to a whole wheat roll beside a glass of water make you feel good or does a slice of steaming hot pizza and an ice cold rootbeer make you feel good?

So I am all aware of the fact that a reason I am overweight is cuz I really like food. BUT...

what has been making me feel really good lately is not a food choice or drink choice. It is not eggs for breakfast or nuts and cheese for a snack but it is also not the mongolian beef and eggroll I had for dinner!

It is that I made a good choice. It is not THE choice...it is that I made a good choice.

Good choices made me feel GOOD.

So on to my new plan to help me make good choices! I have adjusted my "diet" plan. I have come up with a new one. The only rule involves a choice.

It is called EAT THIS OR EAT THAT....

Have you seen that book, they show you a page with that and than show you this and it is the same calories, fat etc but it is TONS more food. Now remember what is making me feel good lately is making a good choice so I am playing my own version of this or that. And IT is working for me! Yesterday morning I could have had waffles or eggs and waffles. Well I had half a waffle (yummy) and a whole egg!

GOOD CHOICE.

Or for lunch I could have a hamburger and french fries and dietcoke or I could stay home and have a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich on sourdough.

GOOD CHOICE.

Now I know that my choices are actually the best diet choice but it is the better of the two options given to me. It means I am making better choices. That is progress baby!


14 comments:

karly said...

I love your good choices you made this week! It is such a choice-by-choice thing to get healthy, huh?

I might have to check that book out! It looks cool!

Have a great week, Carrie!

Elspeth said...

I love the fact that you were so honest, Carrie! And I also love the fact that you focused on the "feel good" part of making the good choice whether or not you actually felt like making the good choice. I think that's true for everyone in any number of areas.

Carrie said...

Very cool idea! Looking at each meal with the choices....wise choices! Well done!

Brenda said...

I have not heard of this book but this is a great way to think before each meal/snack!

It really is about one choice at at time.

Now, having said that...I'll see you at the Mexican food restaurant tonight! :)

Jennifer said...

Yeeeaaaahhhh, could you bring the book tonight for moms night out? I have a feeling I eat all the bad stuff.....

Johanna said...

The problem is remembering how good the good choice makes us feel before we make the choice! Here's to a week full of good choices!

Laura Lee said...

Way to go!! Sometimes it is sooo hard to make the right choice, but when you do...it can make all the difference.

Plate spinner said...

Ok I'm feeling a nudge! That's the second time I've heard this book series mentioned. The other person was talking about "Eat This, Not That for Kids" As I read both posts I thought I could use some help making the better choices.

Luanne said...

That is definately progress! Excellent strategy. I am happy that it is working for you :)
(I would vote for pizza and roo beer too!)

Have a good week!

Jen said...

Ooo, now that is a diet plan that I can get on board with! I am so going to have to check out that book.

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I love your choices! I keep telling myself just one day at a time. If I can only eat right and exercise one day at a time, it will become a habit. Good luck on your journey! Thanks for visiting my blog!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Now I am feeling totally guilty. And unhealthy. LOL.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier, Carrie. And with your fear of long words, I suspect you would really hate the trigger fish of Hawaii - it's a humuhumu-nukunuku-ā-pua'a.

JulieMom said...

But what if your choices are Twinkies or Ho-Hos? Then what?!?

Just kidding. I never eat Twinkies. ;0)

That book looks interesting, even though both foods on the cover look like Cardiac Specials. LOL

One choice at a time...good thoughts!

Gretchen said...

YEa Yea Yeah You can do it! Keep up the good choices!!!