Friday, January 16, 2009

Fitness Friday...


Okay, so today is Fitness Friday.

Number one I did awful this week, I dont really know why but I did AWFUL! So I must do better next week! But enough of that... on to our assignment!

I got Brenda's assignment a few days ago and have thought about it off and on all week long! It was a hard one to be honest! I know that Brenda is attempting to inspire herself to be more feminine and assumed that her wardrobe change would be to that effect. Now I have worked on being more feminine all year- 2008, not really to the point of wearing skirts, but wearing makeup, dressing up, wearing jewelry basically just not wearing jeans and a polo every single day!

So I will show you me and said polo and jeans and than I will show you dressed up how I like to generally go out and you can vote! Yeah!

























HMMMM.. Now feel very honored that I even put that picture up! I had to search for about 15 minutes just to find one because you know that I am always taking the picture because I always look like picture number two!!! Yuck. I think I look like, well I think I look awful and feel SOOOO much better when I look like picture number one! Seriously gotta throw away the polos! I also gotta keep my hair highlighted! I love when I wear jewelry. My hubbie does too! HE NOTICES! When I am dressed like number one I almost always get a "wow, you look nice" there is lots of emphasis! When I am dressed like number two...nothing! I dont blame him one bit! Yes dh you are reading this and thank you for loving me all the time! I promise to continue in my attempt to be more feminine and to take pride in what I wear and accept that even though I am overweight it does not mean that I can only wear polos!


Also ladies please take note of said stupid smile! Hmmm... It is like a half smile? I dont know why I do this and these are better shots than usual!

Updated: I thought I had finished this post but I asked hubby if he thinks I dress feminine. He said not most of the time. I said you mean when I wear polo's. He said yes. I said do you want me to dress up everyday. He said well I like to see you dressed up but if you arent going anywhere all day I hate for you to dress up just for me to get home at 6:30. I said do you want me to wear skirts an dresses. He said No, you dont really seem like a skirt and dress kind of gal.

HMMM.... So conclusion is I guess I dont have to wear skirts and dresses but I will make a concentrated effort to rarely EVER wear polo's and to try to be dressed when he gets home if possible!

Update on the update: He didnt really say the phrase "kind of gal" I kindof paraphrased that!

9 comments:

karly said...

Don't sweat it about this week. Start up again today, Carrie! You can do it!

And, I love the jewelry you have on in the first picture! I don't ever wear jewelry (don't have much) but this is motivating to me! I do have a cute little necklace...

And, I challenge you to find a cute shirt (NOT a polo) at Target this weekend. Show us what you find and tell us your husband's reaction! (Okay, you don't need to take a challenge from me, you don't even KNOW me, but it would be fun to see what happens!)

Happy Friday, Carrie!

Johanna said...

I love adding jewelry, too! It is a great way to update an outfit and I always feel nicer when I have added touches like jewelry!

Julie said...

I am not a jewelry person, I don't know why, I always forget to put it on. It definitely does make you feel and look more feminine. Maybe I need to work on that one.

We all have bad weeks. Don't beat yourself up.

Have a wonderful day,
Julie

Carrie said...

I love wearing jewelry, but I don't have very much and it is difficult to let myself buy it because it can be expensive even for the costume/fake stuff!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I didn't do so good this week either, but I keep reminding myself that even though I'm not where I want to be, I'm not where I used to be either.

I like your two picture idea (one with jewelry and one without). I had been thinking of doing something similar, but I think I'll just post my post as is--as soon as I can figure out how to end it. :-)

Elspeth said...

My husband likes me in jeans. When he buys me something to wear, it will undoubtedly be jeans and a cute, feminine top.

Skirts are great, but like your husband said, you can look feminine without them if need be.

I like your accessories. Nice!

Megan said...

One of my wardrobe tweaks this week was to wear more jewelry. A pretty necklace does so much to make an otherwise dull outfit something feminine and fun!

Brenda said...

Carrie, you have always looked "dressy" to me! You do a great job of wearing nice clothes and jewelry.

Ok, there was that one day when you were having the garage sale, but you know...garage sale days are EXEMPT! :)

I'm afraid I look like picture #2 more than I should. When I first quit working I was just SO overjoyed that I didn't HAVE TO get dressed up that I pretty much didn't for at least a year.

But you are right-I feel so much better when I do. And I like your idea of asking husband.

Laura Lee said...

What a great post, Carrie! I love your honesty. I too love a few cute accessories, but rarely wear them because life just gets too "daily." Pop on over an grab your award!