Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodnight Moon...well not exactly

So we put the kids to bed the other night. This is a process...you know what I mean.

"Kids go to bed"

Scuffle, bang, jump, hop, bump...

"What is all that noise, go to bed."

Scuffle, bang, jump, hop, bump...

"I said no more getting up, sleep!"

Silence.

5 minutes later...

Scuffle, bang, jump, hop, bump...

Knock on the door.

It is Emily. She has a note from Kaitlin...

"Mom, there is a box full of pictures on the ledge, If we are quiet can me, Matt and Emily look through them?"

I tell Emily-

"Tell Kaitlin, No, we can look at them in the morning, go to bed, all three of you! Don't come down again."

Silence.

Scuffle, bang, jump, hop, bump...

Knock on the door.

It is Emily's hand, she hurls a paper through the crack in the door and skedaddled!

"Emily stop, come here."

The door slowly creeks open.

"Emily what is that?"

"A note from Kaitlin- she told me to give it to me.

They always send Emily- she is the cutest.

Here's the note!

So I laugh and tell Dave.

I turn to Emily.

"Do you know that this note says that you were doing something wrong! You just brought me a note to tell on yourself!"

Emily's brain turning, "I really need to work on that reading thing..."

"Go to bed!"

Scuffle, bang, jump, hop, bump.

Silence.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Dawn E said...

Too cute!

Carrie said...

Ha ha ha ha! So cute! This is why I like blogging...to remember all the little moments like these.

Brenda said...

Poor youngest child! It's not fair! :)

Gretchen said...

very cute. our house is pretty much the same!