Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pinterest Try----Bacon Pancakes....


Who can resist bacon with ANYTHING... so a pancake cooked with bacon sounded good to me.
here is the link to the Pin and here is a link to the original blog (but there is no recipe)...
 
I assumed from the picture that it needed to be a thinner pancake so I went in search of a thin pancake recipe...I didn't want a crepe, just a thin pancake... I settled on this


SWEDISH THIN PANCAKES


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,145170-253196,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

3 eggs (well beaten)
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
2 c. milk
Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add eggs and milk gradually. Stir until smooth. Let stand 1 hour and beat again. May be used immediately also. Warm griddle to 300 degrees. Pour on lightly greased skillet forming small thin cakes. Turn when underside is nicely browned



 I think they needed to be thinned out more (almost as thin as crepes) because they were TOO dense. Tasty but really too dense and they were also very sweet.. you could cut the sugar if you wanted, especially if you were adding syrup.
 
I of course cooked BACON..in the oven, its really the only way to go people!
 
 
Then you put them altogether and beautiful...
 
 
Yummo.
 
 
 
Anyway... Dave liked it a lot.  Emily liked it better separate and liked the pancakes enough to put the leftovers away herself and Matt did not like the pancakes, but of course ate bacon.
 
 
I love that he lets me take silly shots of him eating his pancake/ bacon because he knows I wanna write a post about it.. LOVE THIS MAN. 

 
 
This is to show HOW thin they are.. THAT is 25 pancakes. 
 
 
And this is just plain funny stuff about bacon... (and it is clean BTW.)
 
 

No comments: