Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Mom I Want To Be



I read a post @ Raising Arrows the other day... it was titled The Mom I Want to Be...


I believe we need to definitely set before ourselves goals, ideals, aspirations of what we want!  So I decided to do this not only for myself but we are doing it with each of the kids... we had already decided to write a kind of spiritual affirmation for each child.  I think it not only says WHO they are but what they should be desiring to be!



For myself....

I have the power in my tongue to speak death or life into my children.  I choose life.  Prov 18:21

May I be merciful, as my Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

May I carry my own load. Gal 6:5

Let me be kind.  1 Thes 5:15

Let me be gentle and show true humility to everyone.  Titus 3:2

Let me serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people...  Eph 6:7



For the Children...

I am a child of God and I am redeemed from the hand of the enemy.  I am forgiven and saved by Grace.  I am living for a purpose and a time such as this and my steps are ordered by HIM.  I am a new creation.  I am strong in the Power of his MIGHT.  I am blessed coming and blessed going and I am healed by His stripes.  I am more than a conqueror and I walk by faith, not by sight.  I bless the Lord at all times and continually praise the Lord with my mouth.  I mount up with wings like eagles and I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.  I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.

No comments: