Monday, January 17, 2011

I have a dream too....

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in biblical principles.


I have a dream that one day this family will rise up and live out the true meaning of christianity: "We hold these truths of the Bible: that we must love one another even as Christ loved the church."


I have a dream that one day on the streets of the Heights the sons and daughters of Dave and Carrie Thompson will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.


I have a dream that one day even the address of 120 w 8th street, a short street, with the sounds of injustice and sibling rivalry, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.



I have a dream that my three children will one day live in a house where they will not judge each other by their actions or at least that their actions will show the content of their character.


I have a dream that one day the house on 8th street, whose wife and mother is presently dripping with words of sarcasm and distain, will be transformed into a situation where the son and daughters will be able to join and hold hands with their unsarcastic mother and unengaged father and walk together as a family.


I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.


"Whats your dream... everybody gotta have a dream."
--- guy on Pretty Woman














No comments: