Friday, February 21, 2014

I had an epiphany...

I think I have had more than one post with this title!

So I have mentioned schedules multiple times in the last ummm 600 posts.  :0)

Yeah, I write about it a lot and truthfully I DO maintain a schedule.... and change it.... and maintain it etc. This secret is not like in the dark or anything!  I am NOT a good schedule person.

Reasons:

  • I like flexibility and have struggled with reconciling a SCHEDULE and keeping flexibility!
  • Our days change often and quickly sometimes
  • I struggle with getting the train back on the track if I go off course because of a needed change
  • I have headaches that often involve me sleeping or NOT sleeping at off times and basically it does not blend well with a schedule
  • I like to be able to go with the flow with family or friends--- (this is really flexibility- but focused on being available for others)
  • I have a desire in our home and school to be able to teach to the situation-- sometimes a needed character training doesn't fit in the "schedule"
  • I like being able to meet Dave's needs (goes back to getting back on track I think)
  • I am an even worse housekeeper than schedule keeper which makes the schedule keeping harder!

Okay so I laid it out there.  I want to find a way to have a flexible schedule, but it feels like an oxymoron to me!  I thought having a daily schedule would help because each day is different.  And it did... BUT guess what our schedule changed.  Things keep deterring me from staying home on a Wednesday which was supposed to be my BIG school day.  Plus when I envisioned that BIG school day-- my major day to stay home I kind of didn't factor in that FACT that housekeeping wise IT IS MY ONLY STAY HOME DAY!

Sigh.

So my great epiphany-- besides STAYING HOME MORE is to make a general TO DO list-- that is basically never ending... but that isn't based on one day or one time.  Whenever I have time, or whenever I designate a time during the day-- we will simply look at the list and pick something to do.  There is the obvious of course.. dishes, laundry!  But this is for the less obvious and even the obvious that isn't demanded by lack of cups to drink out of OR under ware to wear-- like vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge, washing sheets.. etc.


We will see if this works! 

This coming week... I have choir Monday, art and sign Tuesday evening, Dr. appointment and shopping for Keepers on Wednesday, Keepers Tea Party on Thursday and NOTHING on Friday!!!

So I am going to cancel Matt's appointment (which is not an emergency and give myself more time on Wed to be at home) and Tuesday, Dave will hopefully meet us to take Kate to sign and I can go home-- giving me time that evening too!

We have Monday evening for school (minus what they DO at choir), Tuesday until 3:00, almost all day Wednesday and all day Friday!!!  WHOO HOO.  That should not be such a shocking thing!  I am working on it--- really... BUT all the things I am doing are GOOD!  :0)

Therapy is over-- which is a blessing (I mean he still has to do it at home, but we don't have to go 2-3 times a week! 

I have three lists going congruently.

School
Chores
To Do

I have the pages divided. ONE half is things to be done and the other half is basically things to BE DONE FOR THE THINGS TO BE DONE

Does that make sense???

If I need to bake cookies for "x" thing than I put bake cookies on the first half and list of ingredients I need to buy on the second half. 


So I will let you know how this pans out. 






No comments: