Saturday, May 28, 2011

And here is where you find out I'm a snob...

  Yes, it is true.  I am a home school snob.  I start seeing these posts on face book about how kids are out of school, last day of school, 2 more days and I go into home school snob ZONE!  I detest summer and jillions of kids EVERYWHERE!  They mess up my routines!  Things that are normal for us get busy, crowded irritating.  Business hours change, store routines change, library books are GONE from the shelf, there are people EVERYWHERE!

I just like it when everyone is in school and I can decide to go places on a week DAY verses on the weekEND so that it is less crowded!

Doesn't that make me a snob.


I am sorry but there are a number of home school kids that are NOT well behaved but it is NOTHING compared to the number of public school kids that are not behaved!!!


Then there is the mommy complaints--- they JUST KILL ME!  It can be 1 week INTO summer and moms will be complaining about how much time they have to spend with their kids.  REALLY. 

YOU know how they can't WAIT for the kids to be back in school!

24/7 baby--- I don't wanna hear your complaining. 

If you don't like to be around your children... well maybe you should spend some of your summer months TEACHING and TRAINING them!  Do you really think that if you Don't Like your kids during the summer months that they are a JOY for teachers the other 9 months of the year???

okay rant over.  I will deal with "summertime" just like I always do but I confess I cannot WAIT till school is back in session!!!!



5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmmm...Since I share many of those same opinions...I guess I'm a snob too! : )

Brenda said...

I heard a mom say LAST WEEK..."I gotta find some summer camps!"

School wasn't even out!

And I am also a snob. We are holed up until mid-August here. :)

Tristan said...

Should we start a club? I'm a snob too. And it really really kills me to hear all these parents who are sick and tired of actually spending time with their children after a few weeks of summer break. Seriously? Why did you have them? Do you know how they feel when they hear you talk that way? It's just sad.

5 Boys and a Princess said...

Snobs of the world unite!

I do count down the days til we are done with school because I'm ready to move on to other things we have planned for summer. And in August I count the days for school to start because I crave the routine of our school days. But I don't understand (okay, I totally understand it but don't like it) the need to escape from the kids by putting them away somewhere. Yes, I'm with my kids 24/7 because I want to be. I also take my vacations with my family not try to escape from them. Ladies retreat season drives me nuts too... if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'm going to take my family to the beach and spend some down time with them.

Okay, rant over :)

Shannon said...

You crack me up!