Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blah, blah, blah

Do you have those days when it seems like every single word out of your mouth seems wrong?

Do you have those days when you TRY to not say something, mean, ugly, impatient but it doesn't seem to be working for you?

Do you?

I have been having too many of those days lately.

Too many.


I need to take my own parental advice.  Do you hear yourself speaking to your children in an ugly tone, about THEM speaking to their siblings in an ugly tone?

Hmmmm...

It is so much more important than schooling, than worrying about finances, than stressing about weight, more than cleaning the house.....all of these are things we do, things we need to think about and things we need to deal with BUT, let my speech ALWAYS be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that I MAY know how I ought to answer each person.


I simply need a constant of reminder of this.. I need one of those dog collars that give me a little shock when I start to say something that is NOT gracious!  Or maybe I could simply STOP ignoring the Holy Spirit that pokes me in the ribs!

Do you ever HEAR yourself speaking and think in your mind-- as you are still speaking-- SHUT UP! 

JUST stop talking?

It is always worse when I am dieting--- because I lose my stress relief!  Today wasn't that bad to be honest... but over all it seems like I have had a lot of these days lately!

So anyway... this is what I am struggling with, how about you???




Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.-----Col 4:6

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I do the same thing!

I'm struggling with not eating everything I want to eat!

I'm not good at shutting my mouth! lol

Lisa said...

I'm struggling with saying "No" to my kids too often. Most of the time I say it because what they are wanting to do would be an inconvenience to me. I really need to try and say "Yes" more often!

aneisa said...

I love your posts. They always seem to hit home. They make me think. They make me grow. Thank you for your thoughts!