Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fresh, clean starts....


Sparkling clean!  The fridge stopped cooling but the freezer was still working.  Dave ended up defrosting the whole fridge and now the fridge seems to be working again!  I took the opportunity- you know once I THREW everything away, to clean out the fridge.  So now it is all clean and fresh-- makes me happy.  I mean not happy that the money was wasted from throwing stuff away- but happy that it seems to be working and I got a clean fridge out of it!

Brenda posted the other day about fresh starts and it is TRUE.  I think clean fresh starts are so very necessary!  We need to implement them a lot more often than we do.

The fridge isn't my only fresh start lately... re did the school room.  Here is how it looked at the beginning of our school year.  Here is how it looks NOW!






My goal was for the school room--- basically the center of our house, to look school "ish", but to also be welcoming to any coming into the home.  I was trying to find a balance!

What has been your fresh start lately???

5 comments:

Brenda said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!! YOur classroom looks AWESOME!! That link to the way it used to look isn't working, btw. But I've seen it. That is so cool how it looks like a "home" when you look in and then all the classroom stuff is facing the other way. You did a GREAT job of making it balanced.

Carrie Thompson said...

thank you! I am happy with it... could you check that link again for me????

Lisa said...

I agree with Brenda--your schoolroom looks awesome! I haven't had any fresh starts recently, but I think I need one. I'll have to think on what to do. I hope you have a good weekend.

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Wow! Very nice!

H-Mama said...

great job, mama! looks so purdy and organized. :)