Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the Fourth Be With You...

Oh yeah... Star Wars Day--I am still not feeling my best but tried to let the kids have their fun!

We chose two of the six movies to watch. We couldn't just spend all day watching movies could we?

The kids had a light saber fight-- because it was STAR WARS DAY!

We used my Star Wars Cook Book to make some yummy treats!


We made this R2D2 Dessert-- a Twinkies upright with a piece of kit Kat on each side-- YUMMO.  We used icing to get the kit Kat to stick-- they even stood up!


 and we ate Darth Maul Double Dogs--

We used a skewer to put two hot dogs together (I couldn't find a foot long one), then we wrapped  a crescent roll around it and baked! 



We also made Jabba Jigglers-- which was just green jello to go with our dinner.

Dinner was  Boba Fett-ucini and Tie Fighter rolls


The tie fighter rolls were a piece of sausage with two pieces of refrigerated bread rolls wrapped around it to look like a tie fighter.


We also used this HOW to DRAW book to draw Star Wars figures...


We did STAR WARS copy work...

“Do or do not... there is no try.”  --- Yoda

" The force is strong with this one.”  ---Darth Vader

“That’s no moon, it’s a space station.” Obi-wan

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... "


and there was of course Lego play...

Fun was had by all.... and May the Fourth be with you.



2 comments:

aneisa said...

I wish I had more time to prepare- I had no idea about this day! Star Wars is a huge part of my childhood! :0)

H-Mama said...

you guys have too much fun. *giggle*